Friday, November 9, 2007

Google Talk on Nokia e61i

My wife recently got Nokia e61i for her b'day. And the first thing I want to test is the Wi-Fi capability of the phone. I wanted my wife be able to chat with me thru Google Talk whenever I'm away from home.






So, I started to log on the net and surf 'http://talk.google.com'.



Then, I clicked on 'Launch Google Talk Gadget', which I could have a Google Talk on a browser with no installation required.


Then, it prompted me to sign-in and I'd signed-in.

It asking me whether it is ok to leave the secured page and I pressed 'Yes'.


Unfortunately, the nokia e61i standard browser don't has the flash player to support 'Google Talk Gadget'.


Then, I'd came across a piece of software called 'fring' where if installed on a smartphone, it could be an interface to several IMs on the Net. Google Talk is one of 'em.


Once, installed, I ran it. It required for me to log in only once for the first time. And walla! My wife able to chat with me thru Gtalk on her phone. Cool!


Currently, fring does not support Yahoo messenger. So, for now my wife has to resort to ebuddy mobile using the browser to chat via Yahoo.

1 comment:

Naddiana said...

Thank you for the lovely phone hubby, love ya, Muahs!